Employee CEU History
- All renewal and continuing education credit data has to be recorded by NRMPS personnel – this means that the data may not be entered for some time after you complete a workshop or activity.
- License renewal is the responsibility of each individual. The Nash-Rocky Mount Public School System is committed to supporting this process by offering high-quality professional development opportunities and reporting completion of activities.
- Errors do occur in the reporting and data entry process. It is each employee’s responsibility to contact personnel if there are questions regarding the renewal report.
- The online report is only available from a computer within the NRMPS network. You cannot access this information from home. This is a safety feature since your SS# is required.
NRMPS Renewal Requirements
Certified employees with a continuing license must earn 7.5 CEU's during their five-year license renewal cycle. Requirements include 1 renewal credit for literacy, 1 renewal credit in the academic subject area, and 5.5 general credits (not to include years of experience) in each 5-year renewal cycle. The Nash-Rocky Mount School System requires 1 of the 5.5 general credits to be technology. Literacy now applies to all K-12 educators, and the intent of the policy includes Student Service Personnel.
Renewal and Reinstatement Guidelines
During the 2011 session, the General Assembly reduced the number of renewal credits required to renew a Standard Professional 2 license from 15 to 7.5. Additional legislated changes are also noted. As a result, the State Board of Education approved the following requirements to renew the Standard Professional 2.
|License Expiration||Renewal Requirement|
License Expires June 30, 2015
All Educators - 7.5 CEUs
- 1 renewal credit for literacy
- 1 renewal credit in the specific academic subject area and
- 5.5 general credits (as determined by the LEA, if employed), not to include years of experience
- 3 credits focused on the school executive’s role as instructional, human resources and managerial leader
- 4.5 general credits (as determined by the LEA, if employed), not to include years of experience
National Board Certification:
- 7.5 credits for completion
- 2 credits (1 for literacy and 1 for content) for 10 year renewal
*License Expires June 30, 2016 or Later
*K-8 Licensure Area – 8 CEUs
- 3 Content
- 3 Literacy
- 2 General
*All Other Educators – 8 CEUs
*Subject to change based on NC State Board of Education policy updates
- A unit of renewal credit is equivalent to one quarter hour or one in-service credit from a North Carolina public school system. A unit reflects ten contact hours.
- The DPI Licensure Section does not accept renewal credits of less than one unit.
- One semester hour is equivalent to 1.5 units of credit.
- For a professional educator's license to remain current, all credit must be earned by the expiration date of the existing professional educator's license.
- To renew an expired professional educator's license, 10 semester hours or 15 units of renewal credit must be earned within the most recent five-year period.
Activities accepted for renewal credit:
- College or university courses
- Transcripts are required as documentation; grade reports are not accepted.
- Local in-service courses or workshops
- The administrative unit certifies credits
- Classes and workshops approved by an LEA
- Documentation of completion is provided by the agency sponsoring the activity