Welcome to Mrs. Melle's Class
Welcome to the WONDERFUL WORLD OF PHYSICAL SCIENCE & CHEMISTRY. My name is Catherine Melle (Mrs. Melle), and I teach chemistry and physical science at NCHS. I LOVE teaching! CHEMISTRY IS PHUN!! I enjoy the material, and the ability to inspire young minds. I graduated from Southern Nash in 2001, and went to NC State to pursue a degree in engineering. While I was there I was steered towards teacher education, and graduated in 2006 with a degree in science education. Go Wolfpack!!
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Students,
The learning process is a joint effort between parents, students, and teachers. Please read through the following expectations.
- Ensure that your child is well rested and fed when they arrive to class each day
- Ask your child about the course and review their notebook regularly
- Provide a quiet place for your child to do their 20 – 30 minutes of homework each day.
- Please do not allow your child to be tardy or absent from class unless absolutely necessary.
- Be engaged in class each day.
- Be prepared for class each day with notebook, paper, pencil, calculator, and completed homework.
- Seek help as soon as you start to have difficulty.
- DO NOT GIVE UP!!
Parents/Guardians are a child’s first and most influential teachers. I am willing to work with you to ensure your child gets the best experience possible in my classroom. Together we can achieve more.
- Prepare a creative lesson for each day with many hands-on activities.
- Cover the entire curriculum while exposing students to the world of chemistry.
- Be available as much as possible after school.
- Treat each child with respect.
Please feel free to contact me at school if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to a great semester of exploring physical science or chemistry with the students. Thank you for your time and cooperation.