The Department of Elementary Education exists to support the efficient and effective delivery of instructional resources and services that schools need to ensure student success. The elementary instructional program in the Nash-Rocky Mount Public School System is based on the Common Core and NC Essential Standards as prescribed by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction. Our elementary schools provide students with a strong academic foundation in order to support lifelong learning.
The mission of the Department of Elementary Education is to:
- Demonstrate instructional leadership.
- Ensure curriculum alignment.
- Provide documents to clarify state and local curriculum.
- Identify exemplary teaching practices and provide purposeful professional development to school-based instructional partners.
- Collaborate with school-based instructional partners to provide students with a safe, supportive, and nurturing learning environment.